I'm been thinking about "knowing" oneself. Do I know me? Do I know what I want? Does this sound crazy to all of you? Maybe one should ask, how could you not know yourself. I'm not really sure where I am going with this. I was just thinking about how maybe things change when you are around certain people.
For instance, when I am at work I am work Sandra. Work Sandra is somewhat insecure around her peers yet pretends to be completely confident. I am assertive, I get the job done. I'm thinking most of the school does not love me, especially after my new food policy yesterday, but I pretend like I don't care. Then there is church Sandra. She's a pretty outgoing girl. She is friends with everyone but doesn't feel that any of them are maybe true friends. She talks to them, she laughs, she's even sometimes funny. She is confident, etc. Dating Sandra is my least favorite. Sometimes I even wonder what her problem is. She can be really ackward. But then again I think that all depends on who I date. Maybe we all adapt ourselves a bit depending on who we are with.
I know who I am in the sense that I am a daughter of God. I know my favorite colors (and yes they periodically change!), I know my favorite food, etc. But sometimes I adapt my favorite activities. I don't go from extremes, I don't pretend I love sports but I can enjoy them. Are they how I would choose to spend my nights, no, mostly because I don't like the heat. But I enjoy doing things that the person/people I am with enjoy doing.
This blog isn't what I was expecting it to be. It isn't what I was trying to write. I don't know what I am trying to say. I guess Sandra Eaton confuses me. She changes her mind a lot. As soon as she thinks she has it all figured out, she realizes she doesn't. The older I get the less I pretend to know. There are tons of people that I know that I can learn from. I'm trying to do my best. I'm living my life. And yes, right now I am really happy. This has nothing to do with any boy/s. It has to do with me. I have a choice everyday to make it a great day or not. I am choicing for it to be great. I am in charge of my happiness.
Anyways, if ya'll know who I am, let me know. I'm always up for a little life coaching. I think Michael said he would do it for a small fee and my first born. Then again, I doubt he would really take my first born. There is no way my kids could be as cute as his.
2 comments:
I really enjoyed this blog. I don't thing anyone really knows who they are. I am still trying to figure out who I am and what I want out of this life.
What about Sister Sandra..you get and A in that one. Thank you for going Saturday with us.
Post a Comment