Friday, September 11, 2009

Ramblings from the Middle of the Night

Guess I'm having a bit of insomnia and I really should go work it out or something instead of writing this. But writing is therapeutic for me.
I've been feeling a bit blah lately and I'm not really sure I know what the problem is. I kinda know what the problem is but I am just a little confused right now. Are you ever really happy for other people but at the same time sad for yourself.
This past weekend I went with my good friend Julie to Missouri to celebrate her grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. That is a big accomplishment and while I saw them out there dancing I was really happy, like I wanted to cry because it was so cute but then I started thinking about my own happy ever after.
I've been listening to a lot of music lately which I always find very therapeutic. Some of my favorites are actually the songs here on my blog. I guess music truly can help heal a person. I don't know what I'm trying to say. I've had a lot on my mind recently. I feel like I've lost a great friend recently and it has me a bit sad. And I'm not even sure why we aren't really friends. I guess we all get to choose in life who we are friends with and I guess you both have to choose to be friends with each other. Oh well, I know I should say, their loss but it's a loss for both of us.
I have a lot more I can say but since I am feeling like I have no filter right now I should stop. I'll write something sensible next week when I get back to my office. I think that is a good idea. I should try to get some sleep since I have to wake up early tomorrow. Oh the joys!

4 comments:

Julie Canfield said...

I love you Sandra. I choose to be your BFF friend, always. Can't wait to see you tomorrow, I'm getting jealous of Nashville.

Amy Eaton said...

I hate feeling BLAH! You would be so proud of me I have walked ever morning since school starts!!! The hardest part is geting up but since i have to get Seth out the door I do. It's nice to have the time to myself and have Michael get the girls breakfast. i only get to walk for about 45 minutes because have to get back for Michael to get to work. I am trying to make it as challenging as i can so that it is an actually work out. Anyway, sorry for the book report. MISS YOU!!

Candy Lee said...

I know what you're feeling. I've been indulging in some crappy tv (90210) and some really good tv (you should watch Glee, its hilarious!)Since I haven't watched tv in a while, its a good distraction. Blah is what I'm feeling too, but I guess I'm ok with that. Its better than feeling angry and hurt, I really don't like those feelings at all. I'm also trying to focus on career advancement opportunities, that's a productive distraction! We can be blah together!I know that we won't always be in the same boat, but we can enjoy it while it lasts!

Beke said...

Blah days are no fun. I hope it doesn't keep you down for too long.