Dear Elijah,
How has it been 6 years already then again how has it only been 6 years. How time has flown, it feels like you’ve always been here. We are so blessed to have you in our family. I’ll forever be grateful that you made me a mom. I’m glad you came first. You are very forgiving of me learning to be a mom. You are my guinea pig.
Your teacher, Ms Taylor, constantly tells me what a good boy you are. She said you are really smart and a friend to everyone. That makes us so proud! It’s so important to be kind to everyone even if you aren’t best friends. In life you won’t be best friends with everyone. And that is completely okay, as long as you are kind.
We love seeing the person you are becoming. You love being a big brother and my helper. You hold Clark for me a lot so I can get stuff done. You are so tender with me that it melts me each time I hand him over to you. You sometimes play nicely with Madelynn and Nolan. Unfortunately, you are in a stage where you love to aggravate them. Then you get in trouble! We don’t want to get on to you. You’ll one day realize being a parent is really hard. But we have to discipline so you’ll learn. Even though you can be a stink, you are still a super sweet tender boy.
You are in a bit of a hard stage right now. You don’t like to do things independently. You still want me to help you get dressed etc. it’s so frustrating because you constantly say you can’t. We are trying hard to encourage you to try. The thing is, you can do anything! You are an amazing boy.
I sometimes wonder if I’ve been unfair to you by having your siblings so close together. I wonder if you’ll feel I took special time away from you. But when I really think about it, I know you won’t. Because you treasure being a big brother. You actually tell me you want a hundred more brothers but no more sisters!
Elijah Reed, I love you so much. You have taught me so many things in the past year. I love your tender heart that so easily forgives your imperfect mother.
You have the strongest little testimony and remind me to have faith when it’s hard to. This past Sunday you bore the most powerful sincere testimony I’ve heard come from anyone under the age of 12. It was a reminder to me that our Heavenly Father loves us. I wasn’t the only one it touched as I had 4 adults come tell me how wonderful your testimony was. I hope you always stay strong. There will be times it is hard. But if you rely on the Lord, you will get through the hard times. Your dad’s back has been out for the past 8 weeks. Your prayers have been so amazing. You told me yesterday on the way to school you know daddy’s back can get better because Jesus healed the sick and raised the dead. You are right!
You currently still take karate and are playing basketball. You played fall soccer and plan to play spring soccer too. Your best friends are Christopher and Ashton. You love animals and even get upset when I kill a spider. You love to eat chips and cheese. You constantly tell me your an outside boy! You love the beach and learned to boogie board this summer. Your favorite song is still “A long time ago/ I know my Savior loves me”. You love to play with legos, Kinect, and magnet blocks. You want to be an Endodontist when you grow up.
No comments:
Post a Comment